In 1994, Disney released an animated movie about a little lion cub that runs away from home and meets a pair of new friends that teach him their motto, Hakuna Matata. Hakuna matata is Swahii phrase that means, “no trouble or no problems.” Easier said than done.
It’s a busy world and often we find ourselves juggling family, work, finances and other responsibilities that leave us frazzled and frustrated with ourselves. Stress doesn’t just affect your mental health but it also affects your physical health. Stress lead to digestive problems, depression, memory issues, high blood pressure and heart disease and stroke. If you count yourself in the millions of people a year that struggle with managing stress then try the following suggestions:
- Physical activity releases endorphins and provides a mental distraction.
- Eat a HEALTHY and BALANCED diet!
- Get enough sleep. Turn off the screen backlit screens prior to bed and get 7-9 hours per night.
- Therapeutic approaches like meditation or sessions on a device such as the BEMER can help alleviate and manage existing stress.
- Take a BREAK! It’s not always easy to walk away from whatever is the cause of your stress but taking a break by performing a hobby or some other distraction can be helpful.
Try these approaches, book your appointment with the BEMER and just remember Hakuna Matata!